If you want to drive on the highways and roads, brakes make the ride safe. They are the most important features in all the cars, makes and models. How many of us pay attention to the brakes and take the maintenance seriously? How many of us know how to detect problems with the brakes? With Singh’s Auto Centre, know about the standard warning signs and brake system maintenance routine. Singh’s Auto Centre is renowned for highly experienced mechanics and car brakes repair Melbourne.
Most of us aren’t aware that the brakes actually stop the wheels from turning. Many of the latest cars use disc brakes and consist of brake discs, calipers, brake pads, brake lines and brake master cylinder. All the parts function together to make a perfect braking system for any vehicle. The warning signs from the car braking systems is resultant of any of these parts working inefficiently. Now, let’s look at the warning signs for your car’s braking system.
- Unusual and abnormal sounds: Screeching, squealing, grinding, rubbing and other sounds are common indicators that the brake pads and shoes require inspection. These noises are serious and are caused by worn out brake pads.
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS) warning light: If this lights up in your car, it indicates that the ABS is not working properly. Your brakes will still work, but the ABS might not engage if you need to make an emergency stop. In this situation, you need to have a professorial mechanic to diagnose the ABS light issue as soon as possible.Singh’s Auto Centre specialises in brake line inspection Melbourne.
- Spongy brake pedal: Under this circumstance, be sure to check the master cylinder and the brake lines. If ignored, this can cause a lot more damage to the pedal and the braking system.
- Car Pulling to One Side: This is an indication of maladjusted brakes, brake fluid leakage or worn out braking system.
- Vibrations and Pulsations in the Car: If vibrations are felt in the steering wheel, brake pedal or entire car while applying the brakes, it is an indication of metal on metal rubbing in the brake rotors. This may lead to further damage or dangerous situations, if the brake rotor isn’t replaced.
To avoid experiencing any of these issues, be sure to have your brakes checked periodically – once or twice a year. Singh’s Auto Centre, with its services in car brakes repair Clayton, provides complete inspection and replacement of brake system, including the master cylinder, disc brakes and brake lines. Book your car brakes repair Melbourne services now and get 40 points FREE car safety check report. For appointments, Call Us on (03) 9544 8854.